Welcome to the Michigan Universal Health Care Access Network (MichUHCAN)
MichUHCAN is statewide network that promotes comprehensive health care for all through education, strategy development and advocacy.
In fullfillment of our mission, we:
- are a consistent voice for justice in health care.
- bring together diverse constituencies to work together over the long term.
- seek to connect advocacy for reform at the local, state, and national levels.
- support policy flexibility because there may be more then one path to justice in American health care.
We believe that, in order for reforms to be succesful and sustainable, they must advance the values of the community, democracy, transparency, and public accountability.
Individuals and organizations which support MichUHCAN believe that we need a strong national health care system that:
- Recognizes health care as a basic human right and a benefit to the whole community
- Provides everyone with equitable and appropriate care
- Offers freedom to choose providers
- Is paid for through a system of progressive financing
- Guarantees public accountability